Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Free Books Planet of the Apes Online Download

List Books In Pursuance Of Planet of the Apes

Original Title: La planète des singes
ISBN: 0345447980 (ISBN13: 9780345447982)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Zira, Ulysse Mérou, Cornelius (Planet of the Apes), Zaius, Professor Antelle, Arthur Levain, Nova (Planet of the Apes), Jinn (Planet of the Apes), Phyllis (Planet of the Apes)
Setting: Soror
Free Books Planet of the Apes  Online Download
Planet of the Apes Paperback | Pages: 268 pages
Rating: 3.95 | 31344 Users | 1417 Reviews

Ilustration Conducive To Books Planet of the Apes

"I am confiding this manuscript to space, not with the intention of saving myself, but to help, perhaps, to avert the appalling scourge that is menacing the human race. Lord have pity on us!"

With these words, Pierre Boulle hurtles the reader onto the Planet of the Apes. In this simian world, civilization is turned upside down: apes are men and men are apes; apes rule and men run wild; apes think, speak, produce, wear clothes, and men are speechless, naked, exhibited at fairs, used for biological research. On the planet of the apes, man, having reached to apotheosis of his genius, has become inert.

To this planet come a journalist and a scientist. The scientist is put into a zoo, the journalist into a laboratory. Only the journalist retains the spiritual strength and creative intelligence to try to save himself, to fight the appalling scourge, to remain a man.

Out of this situation, Pierre Boulle has woven a tale as harrowing, bizarre, and meaningful as any in the brilliant roster of this master storyteller. With his cutomary wit, irony, and disciplined intellect and style, the author of The Bridge Over the River Kwai tells a swiftly moving story dealing with man's conflicts, and takes the reader into a suspenseful and strangely fascinating orbit.

Mention Of Books Planet of the Apes

Title:Planet of the Apes
Author:Pierre Boulle
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 268 pages
Published:May 29th 2001 by Del Rey (first published 1963)
Categories:Science Fiction. Fiction. Classics. Fantasy

Rating Of Books Planet of the Apes
Ratings: 3.95 From 31344 Users | 1417 Reviews

Write-Up Of Books Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes is one of those books thats hard to approach without bringing along the baggage of the original 60s film adaptation or the less-than-successful remake a few years ago. The original film is such a part of our pop-culture concsiousness that its almost impossible to separate it from what we have here.This is one of those books that is what it isno more, no less. I could spend several paragraphs detailing the differences between the movie and the book, but that would be kind of

Originally written in 1963 by the same author who brought us The Bridge Over the River Kwai, this book will most likely be remembered for the many movies that were based on it's premise of a world where the roles of apes and men are reversed. Originally written in French, the main character in the novel is Ulysse Mérou: A journalist who took part in the space expedition that lands on Soror, a planet orbiting the star Betelgeuse. There is some argument as to whether the book can be considered

Caution: Vague Spoilers AheadI don't really think that I can do this book justice in my review. I thought that it was brilliant. I know that I have seen the movie long ago, and remember the big reveal at the end and Charlton yelling about damning everyone all to hell, but I don't remember much more than that. I'll have to watch the movie again.I really loved the subtle cautionary tale running throughout the story. Maybe it's just my feminist liberal bleeding heart whispering to me, but I feel

I read this years ago....about the time of the Heston film. I liked the opening and the little twist he (tried to) give it but all in all the book wasn't all that great I thought.By the way there are differences in the book and the movie, a surprise, right?I don't know what it is/was that left me cold on this one. I'd rate it 1.5 if could, but I can't and to rate it actually a 1 would rank it with some books I've found really detestable, so 2 even though I really am not that found of the book.

Planet of the Apes is shocking and eye-opening, a classic sci-fi novel that everyone should read. The themes within it are certainly worth it.

There is something so bizarrely enticing about throwing your conceptions of the world utterly and completely upside down. In so doing, you see yourself and the world in a whole new way, one which you might not like. This is what Planet of the Apes does so well. This is a great read. Compared to the film, I found it quite a bit more introspective, lacking much of the action, violence and campy drama.

Better than the movie but still a big no for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment