Sunday, May 17, 2020

Download The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2) Books For Free

Download The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2) Books For Free
The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2) Hardcover | Pages: 444 pages
Rating: 3.84 | 15837 Users | 1683 Reviews

Itemize About Books The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2)

Title:The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2)
Author:Joanne Harris
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 444 pages
Published:April 8th 2008 by William Morrow (first published May 2nd 2007)
Categories:Fiction. Magical Realism. Fantasy. Romance. Cultural. France. Contemporary. Magic

Narration To Books The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2)

The wind has always dictated Vianne Rocher's every move, buffeting her from the French village of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes to the crowded streets of Paris. Cloaked in a new identity, that of widow Yanne Charbonneau, she opens a chocolaterie on a small Montmartre street, determined to still the wind at last and keep her daughters, Anouk and baby Rosette, safe. But the weather vane soon turns, and Zozie de l'Alba blows into their lives. Charming and enigmatic, Zozie provides the brightness that Yanne's life needs--as her vivacity and bold lollipop shoes dazzle rebellious and impressionable preadolescent Anouk. But beneath their new friend's benevolent facade lies a ruthless treachery--for devious, seductive Zozie has plans that will shake their world to pieces.

Details Books Toward The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2)

Original Title: The Lollipop Shoes
ISBN: 0061431621 (ISBN13: 9780061431623)
Edition Language: English
Series: Chocolat #2
Characters: Anouk Rocher, Vianne Rocher, Rosette, Zozie de l'Alba, Thierry, Roux
Setting: Montmartre, Paris(France) France
Literary Awards: Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award (RT Award) Nominee for Women's Fiction (2008)

Rating About Books The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2)
Ratings: 3.84 From 15837 Users | 1683 Reviews

Judgment About Books The Girl with No Shadow (Chocolat #2)
Sequel to Chocolat, published as The Lollipop Shoes outside of U.S.Chocolat was full of colors and enchantment that we never really knew the source of. The Girl with No Shadow reveals these right away. This story starts with none of the enchantment and mystery of Chocolat. We are introduced to Zozie who is leaving her previous life. Each chapter comes from the point of view of either Zozie, Vianne, or Anouk. This threw me at first until I realized we had switched characters. Roux returns but is

I think I enjoyed this book even more than Chocolat if that is possible. Granted, it was a bit slow to start and I doubted for the first fifty pages or so (silly me!). Much like rich hot chocolate, the novel got better and better the more I read until I was literally breathless by the very end. I read this during the same time-frame as the book which added to the delight. If youre looking for a great book to curl up with through the holidays, take a chance on this one!

I read Joanne Harris's popular novel Chocolat and saw the movie based on it so long ago that I can barely remember what it was about - other than a chocolate shop in France. But, I do recall enjoying it and finding it quite magical. So, while at a bookstore recently, I was excited to discover this sequel. The Girl with No Shadow opens with Vianne and Anouk (of Chocolat fame) in a new city under new identities, Yanne and Annie. Yanne is struggling to keep her new chocolaterie afloat. She is

I really, really wanted to like this book - I have such fond memories of *Chocolat* (probably because I read a borrowed copy on the plane home from a trip to Paris replete with French chocolates, but still...). I can't help but think that the sequel almost ruins the magic of the first one - it ended so...hopefully, and then *The Girl With No Shadow* happens and undercuts it all.As a stand-alone book, though (which it very well could be), I'm much happier with it (and if it were a stand-alone

Zozie de l'Alba has breezed into Vianne/ Yanne's life. What's she up to ? She who steals identities, is fun, has loads of magic. And Yanne (from Chocolat) why has she turned into such a wimp. Why is she trying to conform, be like "the others", of course its because she wants a normal life for her daughters Anouk/Annie and Rosette (who is mute). Although Zozie's intentions are far from good, she does manage to get Yanne back into business, she manages to inject a lot of life into the Chocolat

I was so disappointed with this book; when it first came out I even bought it in hardback as I had absolutley loved Chocolat (and the others of Harris's that I have read). I had practically been counting down the days to the release of this book and was left feeling incredibly underwhelmed by the whole thing. The Lollipop Shoes is the story of Vianne and Anouk and Vianne's new daugher who have moved to Paris and set up a chocolate shop there too but there is none of the magic of that first shop,

Ive been sitting in my chair thinking about what I was going to write about the story I just finished. The question, what did you think? always makes me feel like it is some kind of test and I am going to give the wrong answer. I try not to think about it that way. I always think that this is not the question that I should be answering. My question would be what did you feel? Ahhh, yes, thats it. Let me tell you about the story by telling you how I felt. The whole time I was reading The Girl

0 comments:

Post a Comment