Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Free Books Frida: A Biography of Frida Kahlo Online Download

Declare Books Conducive To Frida: A Biography of Frida Kahlo

Original Title: Frida: A Biography of Frida Kahlo
ISBN: 0060085894 (ISBN13: 9780060085896)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera
Free Books Frida: A Biography of Frida Kahlo  Online Download
Frida: A Biography of Frida Kahlo Paperback | Pages: 528 pages
Rating: 3.97 | 48618 Users | 447 Reviews

Point Based On Books Frida: A Biography of Frida Kahlo

Title:Frida: A Biography of Frida Kahlo
Author:Hayden Herrera
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 528 pages
Published:October 1st 2002 by Harper Perennial (first published 1983)
Categories:Biography. Art. Nonfiction. History. Biography Memoir. Art History. Feminism

Description To Books Frida: A Biography of Frida Kahlo

"Through her art, Herrera writes, Kahlo made of herself both performer and icon. Through this long overdue biography, Kahlo has also, finally, been made fully human." — San Francisco Chronicle

Hailed by readers and critics across the country, this engrossing biography of Mexican painter Frida Kahlo reveals a woman of extreme magnetism and originality, an artist whose sensual vibrancy came straight from her own experiences: her childhood near Mexico City during the Mexican Revolution; a devastating accident at age eighteen that left her crippled and unable to bear children; her tempestuous marriage to muralist Diego Rivera and intermittent love affairs with men as diverse as Isamu Noguchi and Leon Trotsky; her association with the Communist Party; her absorption in Mexican folklore and culture; and her dramatic love of spectacle.

Here is the tumultuous life of an extraordinary twentieth-century woman -- with illustrations as rich and haunting as her legend.

Rating Based On Books Frida: A Biography of Frida Kahlo
Ratings: 3.97 From 48618 Users | 447 Reviews

Judgment Based On Books Frida: A Biography of Frida Kahlo
What a fascinating read! Granted, I love non-fiction, especially heavily footnoted biographies, and I recognize that they are not everyone's cup of tea, but still. I found this to be an excellent book, superbly well written, filled with fascinating details, meticulously researched, inclusive of all relevant details, whether they fit comfortably into our notion of who Frida was or not. Herrera showed herself to be entirely lacking in prejudice in her devoted search for the truth of who Frida

Another one where I chose to watch the movie instead of read the book. Good one.

I read this book in 1998, after seeing a thumbnail image of the Two Fridas in an art history textbook. Thus began my complete obsession with Kahlo. I just stood before the actual painting tonight at the Dallas Museum of Art. It is larger than I thought, and it took my breath away. Ugly crying also may have occurred, but what happens at the DMA stays at the DMA. I'm waiting to hear Herrera speak now, and I'm bummed that I forgot to bring the bio to have her sign. This biography is one of the best

Have not read this book- I have no reason not think it is good. Just wanted to comment on the cover.I always hate buying an edition of a book with movie art on the front. Nothing ruins a copy of a Lord of the Rings book like stills from the films on the cover. Carrying that around just makes you look like such a joiner. I know-- it is big money marketing, and there is no stopping it.But I gotta say, with an artist like Frida Kahlo, who painted so many incredible self protraits, it is just so

Frida Kahlo. To most people, she is the Mexican painter with the intense stare and dominant brows, known for her self-portraits. At the same time she has become an icon. I've seen people drinking out of Frida-cups, wearing Frida-socks and getting Frida-tattoos. This biography really made me understand what it was that made this woman so magnetising. A woman in love with lifeFrida never had it easy. She grew up during the Mexican Revolution, which certainly wasn't the easiest time to be a

This is a long book of a rather short life: Frida Kahlo was injured in a traffic incident when she was eighteen and spent the rest of her life in pain and 'invalidism'. Regardless of this, her persona was so vibrant and vital that her magnetism outshone her vivid, charismatic work, and if she had lived thirty more years the book would doubtless be three hundred pages longer.But it would have been completely different. Frida would probably not have begun to paint if she had not been immobilised

5 Mesmerizing Well researched- the best biography I have ever read stars!This is the best biography I believe ever to be written or this is the best biography I have ever read. I have never cared much about Frida Kahlo except the movie which I had been planning to watch for the past 5 years but never did. But now I really want to watch the movie. I saw this book laying next to Marlon by Peter Manso in the library and I have been reading it during the lunch and tea breaks and I finally finished

0 comments:

Post a Comment